I am not a big fan of cookies, but still it is christmas time, so I tried some “healthy” ones. Lol. This recipe is actually pretty good, easy and I feel healthy because the oat in the cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in
- 3 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 cups raisin
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible, don’t over mix it.
- Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
- Make about 45 to 50 cookies. Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.