I bought too much Potatoes last week, so I have to think of a way to use it. Since it’s so cold now in New York, I decided to make a potatoes soup. I don’t like big chunk potato in my soup so I puree it after I cooked.
4 medium size potatoes (diced)
1.5 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup cheddar cheese
4 strips bacon
1 medium size onion (thin sliced)
1/2 to 2/3 cup Milk
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 cube of home made herb cube
- In a non stick skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Leave them on a kitchen towel to absorb the exceed oil. Cut into smaller pieces for later use.
- Add 1tbsp butter and herb cube into a skillet, add onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- add potatoes, continue to cook for 3 minutes
- add chicken broth (just almost cover the whole thing, no need to much broth) and continue to cook with cover on, 5-7 minute until the potatoes are tender.
- puree the whole thing, then pour back to the skillet. Add milk continue to cook with medium low heat until it comes to boil again. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- garnish the soup with some cheddar cheese, bacon and parsley or scallion.
Home made herb cube:
- I sometimes buy too much herbs, and I can’t use all of them. So I am using this method to save them for later.
- Pick all the leaves from the herb, then put them in the ice cube container, pour some good quality extra virgin olive oil over them, then freeze them.
- Save all the herb cubes in a zip lock bag in the freezer, so when you need some herb for cooking later, you can always get one.
- 在一個不粘鍋里煎培根直到脆。把它們放在廚房纸上, 以吸收多余的油。切成小塊備用。
- 加入1汤匙 黃油和香料油放入鍋中, 加入洋蔥和大蒜炒2分鐘。
- 加入雞湯 (幾乎覆蓋住就好了不需要太多的湯) 蓋上蓋子繼續煮 5-7 分鐘, 直到土豆软烂。
- 我有時買太多的香料草用不完。 所以我经常使用這個方法來保存他們。
- 摘下所有香料草的葉子, 然後把它們放在做冰塊的容器裡, 把一些優質的特級初榨橄欖油澆在上面, 然後冷凍。
- 把所有的香料油保存在一個拉鍊袋裡放冰箱裡保存, 這樣當你需要一些香料油做菜的時候, 你總能很快找到。