I love Creme Brulee as much as flan, but I like to make it the healthy vision by using whole milk. It turns out to be pretty good (maybe only for me) but I still want to share with you and maybe you will like it too. If you don’t care about calories that much use cream instead.
2 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
9 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Beat all the eggs, 5 tablespoons white sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until well mixed, don’t over beat it because we don’t want a lot of bubbles.
- Boil the milk in a saucepan over low heat until it is really hot and almost comes to boil. Remove it from heat immediately. Stir milk into the egg mixture; beat until combined.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over the strainer because I use whole egg. If you prefer to use egg yolks only(6 egg yolks) then you don’t need to do this step.
- Pour the mixture to 6 (7-8 Oz.) ramekins. Place the ramekins into a large cake pan or roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes or until the center is set. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Pour about 2/3 tablespoon sugar over each of it, then brown the sugar by using a kitchen torch. Let cool on the counter for about 5 minutes then refrigerate until custard is set again.
2 1/2 杯全脂牛奶
1.预热烤箱至华氏 300 度
2.在一个大碗里搅拌所有的鸡蛋， 5 汤匙糖和香草精，不要过分打蛋因为不想有很多的泡泡。
5.倒混合物至 6 个（7-8 盎司）的模子里。将模子放入一个大蛋糕盘或烤盘中。把足够的热水倒进盘子里, 让它可以到模子的一半。把整个盘子放入烤箱烤约 60 分钟，或直到中心凝固。从烤箱中取出，冷却至室温。冷藏至少 1 小时或过夜。
6.倒入2/3 汤匙糖在每杯的表面，然后使用厨用火枪融化白糖。在柜台上大约放5 分钟到凉然后放进冰箱冻再次冻10来分钟。