I love Creme Brulee as much as flan, but I make it the healthy vision by using whole milk. It turned out to be pretty good (maybe only for me) but I still want to share with you and maybe you will like it too. If you don’t care about calories that much use cream instead.
2 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
9 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Beat all the eggs, 5 tablespoons white sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until well mixed, don’t over beat it because we don’t want a lot of bubbles.
- Boil the milk in a saucepan over low heat until it is really hot and almost comes to boil. Remove it from heat immediately. Stir milk into the egg mixture; beat until combined.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over the strainer because I use whole egg. If you prefer to use egg yolks only(6 egg yolks) then you don’t need to do this step.
- Pour the mixture to 6 (7-8 Oz.) ramekins. Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes or until the center is set. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Pour about 2/3 tablespoon sugar over each of it, then brown the sugar by using a kitchen torch. Let cool on the counter for about 5 minutes then refrigerate until custard is set again.
2 1/2 杯全脂牛奶
1.预热烤箱至华氏 300 度
2.在一个大碗里搅拌所有的鸡蛋， 5 汤匙糖和香草精，不要过分打蛋因为不想有很多的泡泡。
5.倒混合物至 6 个（7-8 盎司）的模子里。放入烤箱烤约 60 分钟，或直到中心凝固。从烤箱中取出，冷却至室温。冷藏至少 1 小时或过夜。
6.倒入2/3 汤匙糖在每杯的表面，然后使用厨用火枪融化白糖。在柜台上大约放5 分钟到凉然后放进冰箱冻再次冻10来分钟。