Ingredients: 500 g cream cheese, pumpkin 270 g, eggs 2 egg yolks 2, 120 g sugar, lemon zest half, 60 grams of milk, cinnamon ½ tea spoon
Graham crackers 150 g, butter 80 g
Bake: preheat oven to 350 degrees, water bath and bake for 1.5-2 hours.
- Start by making the graham bottom first, put all the graham crackers in a zip log bag and roll into fine powder, and mix well with melted butter and spread it over the bottom of the cake pan, and flatten it with the back of the spoon. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 7 minutes.
- Spoon all pumpkin seeds out, cut pumpkin into small pieces and steamed (or go two or three minutes in the microwave oven) until easily pierced through with chopsticks. Spoon pumpkin meat out with a spoon then smash it.
- Cream cheese softened in room temperature, add sugar then use an electronic mixer whisk off to a smooth condition.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks, whisk eggs and cheese to a really smooth condition. Add egg one at a time.
- Pour the pumpkin paste to egg and cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour the milk, cinnamon, lemon zest and mix together until it form a fluffy cheesecake batter.
- Pour the batter into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Wrap the spring form pan with an aluminum foil and place it in the pan that is full of water, water needs to cover at least ½ of the spring form pan. Put the Pan in a preheated 350F degree oven and bake for about 1.5-2 hours, or until cake is completely solid, and the surface is slightly golden brown. (I’m using heavy duty aluminum foil so I baked 2 hours; every oven is different so you really need to bake accordingly. After 1.5 hours stick a tooth pick into the center of the cake, if the tooth pick comes out clean that means the cake is ready)
9. After the cake cools, refrigerate for 4 hours or more and it is ready to serve.
This recipe is based on JunZhi’s pumpkin cheese cake recipe with some changes.