I make wontons quite often because it is easy and can be stored in the freezer for later when I don’t feel like to cook anything or when I am all out of idea what to eat. I used to work in Chinese restaurant for years, so making wonton is something easy for me. I can make 50 wontons in 10 minutes. It is getting hot recently, and I don’t feel like to eat wonton soup anymore so I make this wonton with chili sauce for summer time.
It is same way of wrapping wontons and cook the wontons in the boiling water just like when we make wonton soup. But after they are cooked, use a strainer to get them out of boiling water then add the chili sauce.
Here is how to make the sauce:
Light soy sauce 1tbsp
Balsamic vinegar 1tbsp
Water 2 tbsps
Chicken bouillon 1/3 tsps
Hot oil 1-2 tsps
Mix everything above together and it is the sauce for wontons. It is for one serving about 12-15 wontons.
这是同样的方法包装馄饨和煮馄饨。但在煮熟后, 用漏勺把它们从沸水中捞出, 然后加入红油酱汁。
鸡精 1/3 茶匙
红油 1-2 茶匙
把上面的东西混合在一起, 这是馄饨的调味汁。这是一份的量大约12-15 馄饨。
Chinese new year is coming, I should get ready for the holiday. So last night I started doing some early preparation: making sauce.
Dried scallop 1 cup
Dried shrimp ½ cup
Jin Hua salty ham 5 oz.
Garlic Minced 50g
Shallot minced 100g
Oil 2 cups
Light soy sauce 1 tbsp
Oyster sauce 2 tbsps
Chicken bouillon 1tsp
Cooking wine 2 tbsps
White pepper ½ tsp
Black pepper ½ tsp
Fresh red chili pepper (thin sliced) 2 pieces
- Soak dried scallop and dried shrimp separately in 2 cups water and 1 tbsp cooking wine for 2 hours
- Drain the water from shrimp and scallop (water can be used for cooking something else later) steam shrimp, scallop and salty ham in separated containers for 15 minutes with high heat.
- Use a food processor to finely chop garlic, shallot, ham and shrimp separately.
- Tear the scallop into thin threads.
- Heat up oil in a cook pan, use a chop stick to test the oil, if you see small bubbles when you stick the chop stick into the oil, then temperature is ready. (Oil doesn’t need to be too hot).
- Cook shallot in the oil with medium low heat for about 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook garlic in the oil with medium low heat for about 4 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook shrimp and salty ham in the oil with medium low heat for about 4-5 minutes. Set aside
- Cook scallop in the oil with medium low heat for about 8 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients just finish cooking back to the oil; continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the rest of spices and sauces, turn the heat off. Continue to stir make sure everything combine well.
It is very important to cook with medium low heat because we don’t want to burn anything. While cooking make sure keep stirring too for the same reason. Some people can cook everything together because they already know how long will it take for each ingredient to be dehydrated. If you not experienced, I would recommend cooking them separately. This sauce is so good for so many things. Fried rice, noodles or stir fry seafood. It is so flavorful, so even though it is a lot of work and kind of expensive, it is totally worth it.
Fried rice with XO sauce
Tofu Chicken with XO sauce
朝天椒 (薄片) 2 个
- 將水從蝦和幹貝中倒出 (水可用於烹調其他東西) 蝦, 幹貝和咸火腿装在不同的容器中高溫蒸15分鐘。
- 在鍋里加熱油, 用一根筷子來測試油, 如果你看到筷子在油里有小氣泡, , 那麼溫度就好了。(油不需要太熱)。
- 在油中用中低火炸大蒜約4分鐘, 或直到淡金黄色。捞出备用。
- 在油中用中低火炸蝦和咸火腿約4-5 分鐘。捞出备用。
- 加入其餘的香料和調味料, 把火關掉。繼續攪拌確保所有的东西都搅拌均匀。
这个酱用中低火煮是非常重要的, 因為我們不想把东西炸糊了。同樣的道理烹飪時一定要不停的攪拌。 有些人可以把所有的東西一起炸, 因為他們已經知道每一样材料需要多長時間才能脫水。 如果你沒有經驗, 我建議分開炸。xo酱煮很多東西都很好吃。炒飯, 麵條或炒海鮮。如果你喜欢辣，就可以多放一些朝天椒。 煮完之后的那个味道简直香到不行, 所以即使它很花时间又有点小贵还是很值得的。